What are Smart Process Apps?
“A new category of application software designed to support business activities that are people-intensive, highly variable, loosely structured and subject to frequent change.”
This new generation of business software – Apps – is designed to quickly conform to ever-changing and ever-evolving processes with dexterity not afforded by traditional enterprise or business process management (BPM) systems.
Smart Process Apps (SPA) “fill the gap” between systems of record and systems of engagement. These Apps combine many best practices related to collaborative business process management. They are also uniquely flexible, allowing business teams to make continuous improvements to a process.
The 5 Core Elements of Smart Process Enterprise Apps
- Imported or embedded awareness data relevant to the business activity
- Document capture for incoming documents, forms, and faxes relevant to business activity
- Business Process Management (BPM) tools for executing the steps involved in the activity
- Collaborative platform for people to create content needed for an activity
- Embedded analytical tools designed for the business activity
Process-centric software that automates activities that are people-intensive, highly variable and subject to frequent change.
Systems that are focused on facilitating human interaction rather than only recording activity.
Cloud-based to empower employee collaboration and workflow.
End-user friendly and does not require intensive training.
Does NOT require changes to your systems of record.