Are you ready for a friendly legal operations technology competition? These legal leaders raised their hands and said, “Hack, yeah!”
Two weeks ago, we announced our new hackathon: Hack the House.
The competition unites Onit customers, partners and staff to re-imagine legal operations technology. With the no-code Onit Apptitude platform, they’re creating Apps to address real challenges faced by corporate legal departments.
The competition, held in conjunction with Cosmonauts, welcomes five teams, including Team IP, Team HR, Team Europe, Team Diversity and Team Pro Bono. Each team has three weeks to identify a problem, define requirements and build the solution.
Winners will be determined by public voting (sign up here to get the notices) and a judging panel of in-house legal leaders that features:
- Kristi Anne Gedid, Sr. Director Global Legal Operations, Mylan
- Mary Shirley, Head of Culture of Integrity and Compliance Education, Fresenius
- Maria Anassutzi, Legal IP Counsel EMEA, Canon Europe
- William Hayes, Senior Lawyer, BBC
- Jonathan Powers, Director of Learning and Development, Onit
Voting opens in December, with winners announced before the end of the year.
Ready to meet the legal and business experts, certified App Builders and project managers blazing a new trail for legal operations technology? Let’s do it.
Our team overseas is packed with talent. Led by Robert Johnson, Onit’s managing director (you may have seen his spirited series on Legaltech101), the team also has:
- Ed (Eduardo) Rastelli, Legal Consultant at Standard Chartered Bank
- Lee Harrison, Senior Developer – Legal Systems at BT Group
- Alyssa Kokilah, Legal Consultant at Cognia Law
- Claire Banham, Associate Director Sales Engineer at Onit
- Tyler Reno, Sales Engineer at Onit
Team IP brings some real heavy hitters together to combat legal operations inefficiencies for intellectual property. It includes:
- Matt (Matthew) Burdman, Global Legal Organization and finance manager at Colgate-Palmolive
- Ken Capece, Manager, Patent and GLO Operations at Colgate-Palmolive
- Larry (Lawrence) Gianneschi, Director, Legal Technology at Colgate-Palmolive
- Nadine Stuttle, Managing Director at Duff & Phelps
- Rebecca Cotton, Analyst at Duff & Phelps
- Atlantis Langowski, Account Manager at Onit
- Josie Johnson, Marketing Director at Onit
HR and legal go together like Jobs and Wozniak (well, in the early days). This team of pros will identify a critical HR/legal challenge and take it down with technology. Members include:
- Curtis Batterton, Legal Operations & Global Technology Manager at McDonald’s Corporation
- Chris Hultgren, Business Analyst – Global IT HR at Deere & Company
- Weston Wicks, Director of Legal Technology Implementations at Morae Global
- Brett Baccus, Managing Director at Morae Global
- Dipesh Parmar, Sr. Associate at Morae Global
- David Duffey, Account Manager at Onit
From CEOs to GC, businesses are prioritizing diversity. This team of legal ops leaders will streamline and automate a critical diversity-related process to further this initiative. Working on this team are:
- Eric Kabot, Director, Senior Associate Counsel at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Michele Compasso, Legal Ops Consultant at Corteva Agriscience
- Gregg McConnell, Legal Operations Leader at Corteva Agriscience
- Sam Lu Consilio, Lisa Morris and Debby Young for Consilio
- Jesse Viani, Regional Sales Director and Senior Account Manager at Onit
- Rhonda Oliver, Account Manager at Onit
Team Pro Bono
And finally, our final team includes these talented individuals working on a solution to track an organization’s pro bono legal efforts:
- Nick Panagoplos, Manager at Chubb
- Kim Takacs, VP of Corporate Real Estate at Chubb
- Massimo Penzo, Sr. Consultant at Morae
- Paige Edwards, Director of Customer Experience at Onit
We’ll have more updates as Hack the House continues. Sign up for the latest news on these teams’ progress. Good luck to everyone!