We are excited to announce that Onit ranked #160 on the second-annual Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers. Forbes evaluated more than 2,500 companies before paring the list down to 500 total.
Being included is a rewarding recognition of our company’s commitment to creating an engaging work experience for its employees. Our commitment to employees played a sizable role in getting us on the list. At Onit, success is about more than just financial health. When faced with the “new normal” forced by the pandemic, we kept employees’ well-being front and center with honest communications, fun virtual events, gift cards, care packages and additional time off to ensure mental and physical health.
According to our CEO and co-founder Eric M. Elfman, “The pandemic presented multiple challenges that led us to reevaluate how we do business. But no matter what, we prioritized our employees, protected jobs and continued to hire. We hired more employees in 2020 than in 2019, and we will hire even more this year as we continue to grow.”
About the 2021 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers Awards
The Forbes award, researched with partner Statista and based on over 7 million data points in relation to 2,5000 companies, recognizes companies based on three criteria:
- Employer reputation – Statista reviewed articles, blogs and social media posts to get a sense of the corporate culture diversity and employee engagement at each company considered for the rankings.
- Employee satisfaction – Statista also looked at online reviews and other evidence of company growth, including website traffic and headcount over two years.
- Location and age – Companies had to be headquartered in the U.S., have at least 50 employees and be founded between 2011 and 2018.
Additional Onit Awards
The Forbes recognition is just the latest in a series of honors and rewards for Onit. Awards in 2020 included:
- The Houston Chronicle Top Workplaces named Onit as #30 on the list and gave the company the program’s only Communications Award.
- The Deloitte Technology Fast 500 ranked Onit as #190.
- Growjo listed Onit as #52 for growth in the technology services category, #20 for Texas and #648 on its overall Growjo 10K.
- Magazine and the Syracuse University’s Institute for Veterans and Military Families included Onit on their Vet100, a list of the 100 fastest-growing veteran-owned businesses.
- The Houston Business Journal ranked Onit #9 on its Fast 100 and #3 on the inaugural Middle Market 50.
The press release about the 2021 Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers is listed here.
Visit the Forbes website to see a complete list of winners.
Interested in a Career at Onit?
Apply to join Onit! You can see current openings on our Onit Careers page. We believe in transparency with our candidates from the start here at Onit, so we encourage you to check out Glassdoor and LinkedIn to find more information about us.
If you’d like to hear more about Onit’s culture, tune in to this podcast episode featuring Angela Mulligan, director of organizational health, Carlos De Leon, senior recruiter and Nash Gates, our Onit podcast host and demand generation manager.