With more than 14,000 employers, including 21 Fortune 500 companies, the competition to be named one of the top workplaces in Houston is stiff. That’s all the more reason why Onit is honored to be included as one of the Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplaces for the third year in a row, coming in at number 30 for 2020.
We also earned the program’s only Communications Award. The award, also based on employee feedback, is reserved for the organization continually going above and beyond to keep employees informed.
The Houston Chronicle’s Top Workplaces awards program recognizes the most sought-out businesses in the Houston region, based on the feedback of more than 37,000 employees gathered through a third-party survey. The award considers 15 factors critical to any company’s success, including culture, organizational health, engagement, satisfaction, leadership, cooperation, communication, work-life balance, training, pay and benefits.
The Inside Scoop on Onit
What exactly makes Onit one of the best places to work in Houston? In a recent podcast (see below), employees Angela Mulligan, director of organizational health, and Carlos De Leon, senior recruiter, joined Nash Gates to share why they think Onit won this award – and what it means to prospective employees, including:
- Entrepreneurial culture – Onit encourages employees to have an entrepreneurial spirit while focusing on innovation and creative problem-solving. Have an issue you want to discuss? There’s an open-door policy from the top down.
- Fast-paced growth – Onit completed three acquisitions in less than two years and recently expanded its offerings with an AI platform and contract AI software. Activities like this, coupled with our emphasis on its customers and innovation, earned us an impressive triple-digit percentage increase in 2020 revenue growth, number seven among the fastest-growing companies in Texas according to Inc. and number nine on the Houston Business Journal’s Fast 100 list.
- Customers – Onit works with some of the largest companies in the world, with more than 45 Fortune 500 customers.
- Dedication to employees – While other companies focused on workforce reductions during the onset of the pandemic, Onit grew its employee base by 22% in 2020. The company’s leadership also took measures to support their employees’ well-being during these challenging times, offering help with perks such as additional personal days.
- Global reach: Onit has a presence on five continents, with representation in Houston, Austin, Mountain View (California), Pune (India), Auckland (New Zealand), London (UK) and Kyiv (Ukraine).
How to Apply for a Job at One of the Best Places to Work in Houston
Are you interested in working at Onit? We’re always happy to hear from qualified candidates.
We also believe in having open transparency with our potential hires from the start. We encourage you to check us out on Glassdoor and LinkedIn, so you understand our culture and our people before you apply. If you think Onit might be a good fit, you should visit Onit Careers to view current job openings and apply.
For more insight on Onit, you can listen to the entire podcast here: