Business process automation software should never be an unchangeable, stagnant drain on your resources. It should have the capability to be augmented or modified at some point if it’s going to help your departments meet their business goals. Software also needs to fit the collaborative way that business is now done. There have been a lot of changes in the world of business process automation in recent years and it’s not always easy to keep up with what’s the latest and greatest.
What’s needed is an innovative platform that makes it easy to create, modify and deploy new process solutions with robust workflow, transaction management and reporting capabilities. To cover the many reasons to invest in such a tool would consume a lot of time, so we’ve narrowed the field down to five:
- Cost savings – Solve business problems without the need for costly support, training or IT infrastructure. Software as a service (SaaS) is the way to go, freeing up your team members to do their “real work.”
- Solutions are easy to create – Some workflow solutions can be created in less than 30 minutes.
- Transparency – Business teams have real-time visibility in processes, such as sales quote approvals, NDA requests, or contract negotiations.
- Implementation times are fast – Most implementations take place in weeks; not months. ROI can be seen much sooner than with traditional process automation projects.
- Highly human-centric – Each solution has four simple but crucial built-in capabilities:
– A simple intake form
– A shared workspace
– Configured and ad hoc workflow
Business process automation platforms have been around for years, but the best have only recently emerged. It can be an overwhelming task trying to decide which one is just right for your business. When it comes to state-of-the-art solution development, you must have the workflow, process and collaboration platform that is the best fit for the way your teams work.