For nearly two decades, enterprise legal management (ELM) has focused on transactional solutions, like matter management and spend management. Many legal departments find themselves struggling under the weight of legacy technologies that simply do not work or are expensive to upgrade.
The 21st century, version 3.0, of ELM is about business process automation. ELM should not simply be data capture but a true system of engagement that underlies and supports all the key processes of the law department such as legal spend management, contract management, legal service requests, NDAs, legal holds and much more.
PayPal and Onit discuss how legal departments can provide “continuous” value to the company, drive operational improvements and allow employees to work in the systems they prefer. The session will highlight:
- The importance of process, workflow and collaboration
- How a business automation tool solves needs beyond e-billing and matter management
- Key benchmarks and metrics that drive innovation and transformation in legal operations
- Lauren Giammona, Director of Operations, Business Affairs & Legal, PayPal
- Eric Elfman, CEO and co-founder, Onit