Onit will be presenting a CLE session on contract administration best practices at the Association of Corporate Counsel’s Corporate Counsel University® conference in Dallas, May 18, 2015. The conference held from May 17 – 19 at the Dallas Marriot City Center, is designed for lawyers who are new to in-house practice or looking to sharpen fundamental practice skills. The two-and-half-day conference provides CLE-accredited sessions on a variety of topics including data security, managing external counsel, and departmental operations issues.
Paul Zengilowski, Client Development Executive for Onit, will be part of a panel entitled “Contracts Part II: Review, Approval and Management” on Monday, May 18 from 11:15 am to 12:45 pm. Joining Zengilowski on the panel are P. Keith Daigle, Senior VP, Legal Affairs & General Counsel at Nestle Health Science – Pamlab, Inc.; Scott Depta, General Counsel at Active Power, Inc.; and Elitza Meyer, Senior Counsel at McKesson Corporation. The panelists will discuss how their departments are currently managing contracting processes and what software and tools they are engaging to help provide structure and accountability to this vital workflow.
What will you learn in this session? Here are some of the key topics we will discuss:
- There are many stakeholders involved in the contract workflow, including non-lawyers (e.g. paralegals). How do you manage the involvement of many parties without affecting the overall efficiency of the process?
- What does the contract approval process look like for Nestle Health Science, Active Power, and McKesson Corporation? We’ll provide a map.
- What sorts of technology and tools exist to manage the contracting process? We’ll cover the full spectrum, from decades-old tools to enterprise-level software.
- Learn what to look for in an effective tool for managing your contract workflow, from contract creation to reporting and analytics.
- Practical tips and best practices from the panelists on how your legal department can become a better facilitator in the contracting process within your organization.
For more information or to register, visit ACC Corporate Counsel University.