Virtual LegalTech is an experience like no other legal event. Not only can you learn about innovative technologies, earn CLE credit and socialize with colleagues but you can also do some early holiday shopping – all from the comfort of your office! Did you catch the part about holiday shopping? Terrific! I will get to that point in a minute.
1. Innovative technology at your fingertips. This will be Onit’s third time exhibiting and I continue to be impressed with the informative sessions and breadth of legal technology vendors present. Two sessions I think will be exceptionally valuable are:
9:15 – 10:15 AM ET – Legal Project Management
By borrowing project management ideas popular with the software and manufacturing industries, attorneys can learn practical, simple techniques to employ right away to help their firms run more efficiently, have less potential errors and risk of malpractice all while leading to more billable time. Be prepared to have conventional wisdom and preconceived ideas challenged in this cutting-edge and thought provoking journey through advanced business processes.
1:45 – 2:45 PM ET – Improving Firm Efficiency through Innovative Technologies Trials (Steven Levy, legal project management guru and frequent contributor to Law Technology News is one of the speakers)
This session will:
– Review macro conditions and current industry overview to assess where the market stands today
– Produce greater efficiencies despite economic challenges
– Leveraging technology platforms
– Discuss recent technological advancements
– Discuss the benefits of integrating platforms and access to content and tools
For a full schedule of all the sessions, click here.
2. Earn CLE credit virtually. Attendance at Virtual LegalTech is free and almost all of the one-hour sessions offer continuing legal education credit for California, New York, and Illinois attorneys (Florida credit is pending). Where else can you earn CLE credit without leaving your office?
3. Get ‘social’ with colleagues, vendors and presenters. This is the fun part! Socializing in the networking lounge or in the exhibit hall is uniquely different than any tradeshow you’ve attended. If you’re interested in talking to someone in the exhibit hall, simply start a chat or join the group discussion. I particularly like visiting the networking lounge to see what people are saying after the presentations. Spice it up a little and add your own avatar or upload a picture – have some fun!
4. Holiday shopping in September? I promised I would come back to this point. Just by stopping by the Onit booth and clicking on the prize tab, you will be automatically entered to win a $200 Apple gift card – just think of the holiday gifts you can buy. Better yet – be selfish and buy the new iPod nano with multi-touch. I won’t tell anyone!
Visit the Virtual LegalTech website for more information and registration details.
We hope to see you ‘virtually’ this Thursday.