As we ring in 2011 and plan for yet another LegalTech New York later this month, I can’t help but reminisce about Onit’s accomplishments during the past 12 months. I first want to personally thank our users, community members, Onit Advisory Group (OAG) and industry thought leaders for their continued support and inspiration.
The legal community has welcomed us and was generous enough to tell their loyal followers about Onit. For that, I wish to give a heartfelt and personal thank you to Robert Ambrogi (LawSites), Toby Brown & Greg Lambert (3 Geeks and a Law blog), Paul Easton (Legal Project Management), Rick Georges (FutureLawyer), and Steven Levy (Lexician). We are forever grateful for their support and guidance this past year.
A “Big” Apple Launch
We have a certain saying in Texas that goes something like this, “Go big or go home.” We took that to heart and decided that nothing was bigger than launching the open beta of our legal project management tool than at the biggest legal tradeshow in the industry – LegalTech New York 2010.
For the Onit team, however, this event was much more than a product launch – it was our entry into the legal market. We also think it was significant for the legal industry because it hadn’t seen a new player in the electronic billing and matter management space since 1998. How do I know this? Onit co-founders Eric Elfman and Eric Smith were also the co-founders of that company (Datacert), now a global provider of enterprise legal management solutions.
2010 Company & Product Highlights
Market entry wasn’t the only thing that kept us busy in 2010. The year was marked with significant company milestones and product announcements, some of which are highlighted below:
- Secured more than 2,000 corporate, law firm and business beta users from around the world including 60% of America’s top 10 highest grossing law firms
- Created the Onit Advisory Group (OAG), an invitation-only group of 12 corporate legal general counsels, to assist in the strategic development of our premium legal spend and process management module
- Released new product enhancements to let users quickly add detailed information to tasks, assign to-dos to team members, set project deadlines and upload and attach multiple documents to projects
- Revamped our website to include an improved appearance, navigation and a simplified user interface with in-depth product and company information
- Released a new user interface to give users more control of how they view the information in their legal and business projects
- Created a library of product screencasts to highlight Onit’s key features in the new interface
We are excited about what 2011 holds for Onit and look forward to engaging with our customers to better understand their needs so we can deliver a superior product with the best support available. I encourage you to visit our community and give us your honest feedback about the product, team and features you’d like to see added to our product roadmap.