Unfortunately, legal holds are here to stay and the best we can do is to have a trustworthy process to handle them. But it takes a little digging to find just the right software for your legal department, and it will be time well-spent.
The best legal hold solutions help corporate legal departments notify custodians of their duty to preserve information in a timely manner and guarantee compliance with this duty. Highly intuitive, easily mastered “process” platforms allow team members to gain real-time access to the status of collection requests, know when actions were issued, which tasks are in progress and which legal actions require immediate attention.
The tool should also create comprehensive dashboard views, so teams can see when a custodian leaves an organization, so they can enable email archiving or suspend the destruction of data.
Beyond those basic features, a legal hold solution should be able to help you to:
- Avoid significant fines
- Streamline and simplify the legal holds process
- Create new holds and distribute notices to all legal hold custodians
- Gain visibility into all legal hold activity to minimize company risk and increase defensibility
- Ensure all relevant data is properly collected and preserved
In our white paper, “Is it Worth the Risk? How to Implement a World Class Defensible Legal Hold Process” we discuss the significance of legal holds in today’s corporate environment, why you need gold-standard legal hold automation software, and strategies to fuel your company’s path toward a robust legal hold process.
Download this white paper to discover how a cutting edge legal hold platform allows team members to gain real-time access to the status of collection requests, know when actions were issued, which tasks are in progress and which legal actions require immediate attention.
Our white paper offers the following insights:
- Why you need a world class legal hold process
- A little history of recent landmark legal hold cases and why they should concern you
- Current best practices of legal holds
- Essential features to know before shopping for legal hold software
- The problems associated with using antiquated or inappropriate legal hold tools
- Onit’s intuitive, agile and quickly deployable legal hold solution where user experience is top priority
A powerful legal hold solution offers a quick and highly cost-effective way to supercharge your automated business processes, as well as your bottom line. Reduce the ever-present risk of costly court cases. The stakes are high, and the time to act is now.